Meals with a newborn are tough. One of our favorite things is cooking dinner together every night, but since having Harrison, we’ve been ordering out for a lot of our meals. Unfortunately, this has not helped me lose weight as quickly as I’d like. It also doesn’t feel as healthy as our home cooked meals.
After two weeks of takeout almost every night, we decided that we needed to commit ourselves to cooking quick, easy, healthy dinners.
This weeks menu included Mexican stuffed peppers with ground turkey; baked cod; pumpkin ravioli with steamed vegetables, and lasagna roll ups.
I’ve made lasagna roll ups many times before. They’re simple, delicious and relatively low fat and calorie.
- Whole grain lasagna noodles
- Ricotta cheese
- Baby spinach
- Tomato sauce (if I’m not making my own, I use Rao’s)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Boil lasagna noodles, pour in a little olive oil to prevent sticking
- Spread thin layer of sauce on a baking dish
- Lay one noodle at a time; put in tablespoon of ricotta cheese (more or less to preference); put a few pieces of spinach on top of the cheese and roll; repeat with each noodle
- Cover with tomato sauce, sprinkle Parmesan and mozzarella cheese
- Place in over, uncovered and bake for 40 minutes at 350
And on that note, it’s time to change the babe!